Label Adhesion and Legibility
Label legibility is of principle concern to pharmaceutical and medical devices manufacturers. Whitehouse Laboratories is here to help – we can evaluate your product labels for adhesion properties and abrasion resistance through temperature / humidity exposure of applied labels, peel resistance and abrasion resistance.
Typical methods include:
- ASTM D6252, Peel Adhesion of Pressure-Sensitive Label Stocks at a 90° Angle
- ASTM D6862, 90 Degree Peel Resistance of Adhesives
- ASTM D3330, Peel Adhesion of Pressure-Sensitive Tape
- ASTM D2979, Pressure-Sensitive Tack of Adhesives Using an Inverted Probe Machine
- ASTM D6195, Loop Tack
- FINAT Methods #1 – #9
- ASTM D5264, Abrasion Resistance of Printed Materials by the Sutherland Rub Tester
- PSTC Methods
- Attribute Inspections over Time
Barcode Quality Testing Services
If you design, print barcodes or are a manufacturer using barcodes, a poorly performing barcode is a liability. The only way to manage that risk is to test your barcodes. Our testing services can help you with your in-house barcode printing operation, or pre-qualify a new barcode printer-vendor, or help a long-time vendor to improve the barcodes they produce for you.
Whitehouse Laboratories is happy to assist customers to better understand the testing requirements, the available test options and how to execute packaging validation projects on time and on budget.
Have a question about Package Testing?
Contact Us or call 908-823-9300 about your next testing project.