Assist laboratory manager in the performance of raw materials testing according to USP, EP, JP, FCC, ASTM, AOCS, and/or methods provided by clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform routine and more complex testing related to compendial monographs and general chapters; Saponification/Hydroxyl/Acid/Iodine Value, IR/UV analysis, Assay by GC/HPLC analysis, Limit Test by GC HS, ICP-MS analysis, Atomic Absorption spectrometry, etc.
- Perform all analysis including measurements, computations, tabulation, reporting and other laboratory related duties as per cGMP.
- Maintain laboratory records related to all testing activities assuring that they are accurate and up to date.
- Perform basic and more complex non-routine instrumental analysis and wet chemistry analysis in response to customer inquiries and projects required. This includes writing protocols, developing methods, performing method validations, and method verifications.
- Operate, maintain, and calibrate laboratory equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations and company’s Preventive Maintenance program.
- Assist laboratory management with contract review and laboratory review of testing performed by analysts.
- Conduct technical training for new hires.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and other laboratory management when needed.
- Assist in client audits, conduct OOS investigations, and complete CAPA requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reports to the GC HPLC Lab Manager.
A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a degree in a science related field coupled with a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience. Prior work experience in a contract testing laboratory setting and knowledge of USP, EP, JP, FCC, ASTM, and AOCS compendial testing as well as knowledge of Empower III is most ideal. Good written, math and verbal skills; highly organized, detail oriented, and focused around scientific and technical developments.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: First Shift
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity to all job seekers including qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online application system due to a disability or believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, you may use the alternative email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to contact us about your interest in employment or you may call us at 518.512.2000.
Please note: The above-referred email address and telephone number are dedicated communication lines designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.