SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Assists in the execution and development of technical and business aspects of the Microbiology Laboratory. Responsible for assisting with the training of personnel, sample intake, performing analyses, and any other tasks as assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Microbiological testing according to current USP compendial methods as well as
customer-provided and internal methods.
- Perform QC, PM, and PV lab tasks as needed.
- Ensure the microbiology lab is cGMP compliant and audit-ready at all times.
- Participate in laboratory investigations for NC/OOS/OOT events as needed.
- Ensure client and management requests are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for assisting with protocol and report write up and approval.
- Assist with the development of department plan to meet future client needs.
- Safety is a top priority. Every employee within the organization has defined HSE Duties and Responsibilities to ensure that the organization meets its objectives of no harm to personnel, damage to equipment, or harm to the environment.
- In conjunction with the Management team ensure department operates in a manner that is profitable.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a major in science
- Previous related laboratory experience
- Experience with industrial microbiology, specifically Microbial Limits Testing USP<61><62>, Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing USP<51>, And Microbial Water analysis per USP<1223> and Standard Methods for the Examination of Water.
- Experience with industrial biology, specifically Biological Reactivity Tests In-Vitro and In-Vivo (USP<87><88>), and Endotoxin testing (USP<85>).
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part as a team, self-motivated, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree biology, microbiology or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of direct related industry experience is equivalent to one fill-time year of college in related major)
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and database
- Authorization to work in the Untied States indefinitely without restrictions or sponsorship
- Position is a full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5p,m.
Reports to the Microbiology Manager
EDUCATIONAL OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Generally, BS/MS/Ph.D. in Microbiology or a related scientific discipline, or equivalent professional experience, preferably obtained in a laboratory or research and development setting. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Must be capable of working at a lab bench for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight and half hours minimum in a given day. Must be capable of working at a desk and computer for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight and half hours minimum in a given day.
- This job is performed in an indoor temperature controlled environment.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other locations may be required from time to time.