Provide support for all lab functions required for the completion of analytical testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine testing related to compendial monographs and general chapters; Saponification/Hydroxyl/Acid/Iodine Value, IR/UV analysis, Assays, Atomic Absorption spectrometry, etc.
- Perform measurements, computations, tabulation, and analyze results related to the testing conducted.
- Under the supervision of more experienced analysts, perform basic non-routine instrumental analysis and wet chemistry analysis in response to customer inquiries and projects as required.
- Operate and maintain/calibrate laboratory equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations and company’s Preventive Maintenance program.
- Maintain laboratory records related to all testing activities assuring that they are accurate and up to date.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform all analysis and lab related duties as per cGMP.
Reports to Wet Chemistry Lab Manager
EDUCATIONAL OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical engineering coupled with laboratory experience is required.
Prior work experience in a contract testing laboratory setting and knowledge of USP compendial testing is most ideal.
Good written, math and verbal skills; highly organized and decision-making ability focused around details.
Shift: Standard 8
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity to all job seekers including qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online application system due to a disability or believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, you may use the alternative email address “firstname.lastname@example.org” to contact us about your interest in employment or you may call us at 518.512.2000.
Please note: The above-referred email address and telephone number are dedicated communication lines designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.