Packaging Shelf Life and Acclerated Aging
Accelerated Aging is performed on materials, products and packaging systems including packaged medical devices to provide a halent to real time shelf life. Whitehouse carries out both accelerated aging and real time aging for life science packaging.
Whitehouse Laboratories employs High Performance Cincinnati Sub-Zero (CSZ) environmental chambers to provide Accelerated Aging and Real Time Storage programs to pharmaceutical/biotechnology, medical device and consumer product manufacturers.
Accelerated Aging (AA) conditioning based on the Q10 theory of ASTM F1980 allows you to evaluate your package system performance. Whitehouse maintains a series of qualified test chambers to assist you in evaluating and defining shelf life claims in a fraction of the time. Additionally, Whitehouse Laboratories also offer Real Time (RT) Aging programs/storage at typical conditions in one, integrated laboratory.
- -30°C to +60°C Walkin Environmental Chamber for Sterile Barrier Systems (SBS) AA
- +23°C ± 1°C /50% RH ± 2% Walkin Environmental Chamber for Real Time/Controlled Environment
- Various Reach in and Bench Top Chambers with capabilities from -20°C to +170°C for developmental studies
- +5°C ± 3°C ICH Refrigerated Long-Term Storage
- +25°C ± 2°C /60% RH ± 5% ICH Long-Term/Accelerated (Refrigerated)
- +30°C ± 2°C /65% RH ± 5% ICH Intermediate (Zones I, II, III and IVa)
- +30°C ± 2°C /75% RH ± 5% ICH Long Term (Zone IVb)
- +40°C ± 2°C /75% RH ± 5% ICH Accelerated (Zones I-IV)
- -20°C ± 5°C ICH Long-Term (Frozen)
- -70°C through -90°C Cryogenic Storage
Whitehouse Laboratories is happy to assist customers to better understand the testing requirements, the available test options and how to execute packaging validation projects on time and on budget.
Have a question about Package Testing?
Contact Us or call 908-823-9300 about your next testing project.